November 4, 2008
* 1 Soft Pretzel from PretzelsDirect.com
* Tomato Sauce
* Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1. Slice pretzel in half like you’re slicing a bagel.
2. Spread tomato sauce on inside halves of pretzel.
3. Sprinkle cheeses on top of sauce, like you’re making a pizza.
4. Place pretzel halves in oven with broiler on or in a toaster oven.
5. Toast until cheese is melted.
Compliments of Wayne in Philadelphia
•1 Soft Pretzel
•Creamy or chunky peanut butter
•Concord-grape jelly or strawberry preserves
•1 small bag Fritos
1.Slice pretzel in half, the same way you slice a bagel.
2.Spread peanut butter on one side; add jelly or preservatives
3.Lightly crush Fritos and sprinkle over both sides.
5.Wrap in plastic and freeze to prevent pretzel from going stale
6.Remove from freezer and place in lunch box. The pretzel will defrost in time for lunch.
-Compliments of Julie in NYC
July 17, 2008
I prefer heating up my pretzels in the microwave vs. the oven.
There’s two keys to making the pretzel right…
First, you can’t be afraid to really wet down the pretzels before salting, they need a good wet base to stick.
Second, if they’re frozen 60 seconds on high in the microwave and they come out perfect.
Top it off with some Keller’s mustard and they’re perfect!
John Dolan – Alpharetta, Georgia